Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Individual Website

  For me the individual website has been a challenge and before last night I was really struggling with it. I still am, but not to the point of feeling hopeless and lost. Dreamweaver is a challenging piece of software, but I feel like once I can figure out how to do certain simple things I can progress to more difficult aspects. I just have to remember to put everything into layers, instead of just inserting tables, etc. 

  My biggest problem is deciding what my color scheme should be. I like the traditional black, grey and white, but as I found out last night using these colors alone creates a mundane website. A "mundane" website might be okay if that's its purpose or it matches the personality of the website creator. I don't know, but I would like to think strictly black, grey and white does not meet my personality, although I could be wrong. 

  So last night I decided I would experiment with color and the results were AWESOME. I found this pastel like pink color. Even though the color itself was awesome and appeared as if it would work well on my page, I was not ready to throw all caution to the wind. I used this color for my navigation bar. The pink contrasted very well with the grey and gives my website the necessary "pop" that it needed. 

  Even though I had a major success on the color front, not everything with my website went perfectly. I did make a lot of progress, but I feel I should have done more. My technological biography is still causing me major headaches. I finally narrowed it down to the last two or three pages. The information on these pages is the most worthwhile to me and my website. This solves the first problem, but creates a second. How do I put this on my website? Does anybody have any ideas on how I can do this? Any ideas or comments would be amazing. Thanks. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for playing with colors! I also had a difficult time picking colors. My favorite color is coral and I wanted to incorporate that into my website. After playing around, it just wasn't a good color to use as my main color choice. Instead I decided to use a calming blue along with gray and white. It adds the professionalism I was looking for but also shows some of my personality.

    As for the tech bio, I too have been trying to figure out how I want to incorporate it on my website. I am still working on cutting down the information and choosing the most important stuff to use.

    ReplyDelete